Manager (or Assistant Manager), Specialized Collections
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Specialized Collections is responsible for overseeing the overall collection activities for problem credit management accounts as well as provides a solution to CB Collection. The Manager (or Assistant Manager) is responsible for carry out debt collection process to reduce loan loss and maximize debt recovery.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Take legal action against the problem accounts to increase the collections / recovery rate,
- Manage the existing legal cases by reviewed and recommended necessary action to increase the collections / recovery rate,
- Control and monitor the process for the case under legal action with management MIS provided
- Review the legal case inventory to identify those workable cases for increasing the recovery rate,
- To liaise with legal firms for early legal sue for pre-charged-off accounts,
- To perform telephone dunning call to negotiate the settlement plan for legal case,
- Offer assistance to those customers having financial problems through negotiation and settlement to reduce the credit loss,
- Manage legal firm performance to ensure the compliance of Bank requirements especially for Collection Legal Panel,
- Execute collection strategies in order to manage an acceptable level of credit loss and maximize recovery return through in house collection action,
- Ensure good control mechanisms are in place and to ensure complied with Code of Banking Practice and the Bank's standard,
- To identify and execute workflow re-engineering processes,
- To ensure / improve operations effectiveness and KPIs,
- With legal case handling experience is preferrable
- Knowledge in Bank's operation process and systems are preferable
- Relevant experience in Collection / Credit / Risk Management / Customer Service
- Possesses sharp judgment and ability to make prompt and reliable recommendations to management under tight timelines
- Good communication, problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent speaking in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines and time pressure
- Pleasant character with logical thinking
- Basic Microsoft usage skill
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.