Manager / Senior Manager, Markets (New Economy Sector)
KPMG member firms operate in 153 countries, collectively employing more than 207,000 people, serving the needs of business, governments, public-sector agencies, not-for-profits and through member firms' audit and assurance practices, the capital markets. KPMG is committed to quality and service excellence in all that we do, bringing our best to clients and earning the public's trust through our actions and behaviours both professionally and personally. About the role
This position represents a manager role in our Markets Team, specifically the sector development for the New Economy sector and activities. The member in this role support the management and delivery of our account/channel management programme, focused on developing business relationships with targets, and converting them into business opportunities for KPMG.
The objective is to represent the full range of KPMG services, and develop and maintain profitable business relationships across key targets. In addition to strong knowledge, you will need to learn and understand our clients' needs and KPMG's opportunities across different industries.
We are looking for self-starters with a sense of personal responsibility for managing the sector as well as managing accounts. You demonstrate outstanding relationship-building skills across the firm and within the global network, as well as with important players in the sector as well as executives at relevant clients. Responsibilities Highlights:
- Work with the Head of New Economy to drive and increase KPMG's market share in Hong Kong's New Economy ecosystem
- Manage and coordinate New Economy strategic initiatives to achieve set upon targets and goals
- Make sure to know about current New Economy market developments - e.g. venture deals, events / forums
- Drive business development (develop new leads & relationship, pipeline management)) initiatives with key New Economy ecosystem players - e.g. start-ups, investors, incubators & accelerators
- Support development of client proposals / pitches and presentation materials
Team and reporting lines
- University graduate with a minimum 5 years' relevant experience
- Experience within the sector
- Knowledge and insights in the China Market
- Background in a professional services/ financial services organisation would be an advantage
- Strong organizational skills, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working and resilient
- Self-driven and creative with the ability to take on multiple activities and tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with flexibility to adapt to different working styles of senior stakeholders
- Strong Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS office suite is essential
- Chinese (Mandarin) and fluent English is a must for this role
- You will be part of our Markets Team
- You will directly report to the Head of New Economy
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.