Manager / Senior Manager - US Business Tax - International Tax Services - Tax & Business Advisory Services
Deloitte China's professionals provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services. We connect with the Deloitte Global network to provide clients of any size with local experience and international expertise. As one of the leading professional services providers, we have considerable experience in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients, people and society. Our extensive spectrum of services enables us to help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We are committed to investing in our people and empowering them to achieve more than they can elsewhere. Our advice is only as valuable as our actions and integrity. We believe that by strengthening our clients and society, we become stronger ourselves.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in China, connect with the Deloitte China social media platforms at www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media. About Tax
Deloitte China Tax and Business Advisory is the only Big Four practice that works As One across Greater China Region including the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan with nearly 2,500 tax people to advise and assist clients concerning tax and business issues. It is also a Tier One tax practice in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan (International Tax Review's World Tax 2014). Work you'll do:
For this role, you will report to the Partners or Senior Managers and be responsible for assisting them on advising clients on International Tax Services. The work includes:
Your role as a leader:
- Work closely with Partners or Senior Managers responsible for developing the US Tax Consulting practice as well as in the management of an International Tax team, including delegating and reviewing work, managing staff workload and mentoring
- Provide US and International Tax Consulting services to local and international clients in various sectors
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Degree holders in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related disciplines, with a full membership of recognized professional body, preferably with US AICPA
- A minimum of 5 (for Manager) / 8 (for Senior Manager) years of relevant US tax experience with industries, tax authorities and/or an international accounting firm
- Experience in FATCA and CRS projects
- Experience in providing US tax consulting services on inbound and outbound issues, including controlling foreign corporations, passive foreign investment companies, US trade or business and effectively connecting income
- Experience in US tax planning on cross-border acquisitions and reorganizations, familiar with tax issues on tax due diligence, investment structures, outbound transfers and expatriations
- Experience in providing US tax planning services in relation to investment funds, including advice on the fund structures for US taxable and tax exempt investors, review of the Private Placement Memorandums and the related documentation
- Experience in managing and supervising US tax compliance engagements, including Form 1065, Form 1120, Form 8865, Form 5471, etc.
- Experience in reviewing US tax provisions under US GAAP, including ASC 740;
- Excellent business sense and marketing skills
- Excellent presentation, planning, analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Initiative, commitment and motivation
- Good leadership and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with staff at all levels in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including both Cantonese and Mandarin)
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168876