Our Solution Architect is responsible for pulling together people, process, technology and policy into a holistic end to end solution that delivers the expectations and value that our customers are looking for. You'll work with our clients to build relationships based on trust and confidence. Working across design, build and execution teams, the role of a solution architect is to deliver an integrated solution to the problems which our clients have.
You'll work with the specialist teams to design and deliver evaluations, proofs of concept, and pilots and solutions, playing a key role in bringing together internal cross-functional teams to satisfy our most demanding customers. As a Solution Architect, you'll serve as a customer advocate to build the best solutions in the areas of, ensuring they are implemented and supported in an innovative and reliable way.
You'll need to have an excellent working knowledge of the latest enterprise technology architectures, their supporting best practices, and associated tools and solutions. You will need to be aware of process optimization principles and how to develop teams in order to create holistic capabilities. Key skills will include:
- Understanding, awareness and experience in delivering holistic solutions that include people, process, technology and policy components
- Demonstrable success in cross jurisdictional and complex project delivery
- Deliver successful customer solutions workshops to shape and influence the customer use cases and architect design decisions
- Define and deliver high-quality proofs of concept and pilots with the specialist team to increase customer confidence in our offerings
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer, building long-lasting relationships and maintaining knowledge of the technical architecture within our key accounts
- Demonstrate expertise in relevant practices by speaking at industry conferences
- Solid knowledge of enterprise solutions within different IT architecture layers
- Good knowledge of cloud architectures and ability to guide a discussion on transition to the cloud with customers
- Knowledge of middleware and application development technologies including API management and business process management (BPM)
- Knowledge of the latest technology practices for implementing DevOps
- Knowledge of Appian and experienced in building the Proof of Concepts and Visualisations at a technical level on the platform
- Record of developing relationships at technical, business, and executive levels throughout large enterprise IT organisations
- Ability to present and have technical and business discussions at the senior level of customer organisations
- Exceptional analytical, logical thinking and detail orientation
- Ability to evaluate design alternatives for technical feasibility and provide recommendations to development teams and business partners
- Ability to provide technical consultation on complex projects and to be the top level contributor
- Ability to perform advanced code review to ensure design patterns are followed and aligns with architecture standards
- Ability to work across domains and teams to optimize solutions, build competency and share experience
- Regular daily use of English is a standard with presenting, cooperating with stakeholders, attending team/corporate meetings
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or similar
- At least 8 years of experience in IT industry. Candidate with less experience will be considered for Manager role
- At least 5 years of experience in Financial Services
- Fluency in Chinese (Cantonese and / or Mandarin) is essential
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.