Manager / Associate Director - Strategic Accounting Solutions - Audit & Assurance - Hong Kong
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media
About Complex Accounting Assurance
With accounting standards getting ever so complicated while innovative business models continue to emerge due to technological advancement, businesses, lawyers and sponsors now more than ever seek assistance from us in helping them to navigate the accounting landscape.
From advising on accounting policy options to optimize financial position, implementing new accounting standards to evaluating the accounting feasibility of intricate business arrangements, we support our clients on highly complex transactions and deals so that they can focus their energy on growing their businesses. Work you'll do:
• Help clients to research and evaluate different accounting policy options available in an emerging business model or complex transaction and recommend practical solutions that could help optimizing their financial positions/ performances while staying compliant to applicable financial reporting framework and regulations;
• Advise clients on the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, 15, 16 or 17), including but not limited to: assessing the financial impact of the new standard, advising on changes needed to existing policies and processes to assisting on the redesign and testing of the existing reporting system;
• Support forensic specialists and lawyers in investigating fraudulent accounting scheme, quantifying the impacting of misstatements and providing expert opinion in court;
• Work hand in hand with lawyers, sponsors, investors and auditors to assess the accounting feasibility of intricate business arrangements in a deal (e.g. restructuring, business model, etc.) and their impacts on financial performance;
• Assist clients to manage the accounting compliance obligations in various jurisdictions as well as handle regulatory challenges;
• Prepare and facilitate accounting trainings/ workshops for clients, such as finance teams, board of directors, audit committee, lawyers, sponsors, research analysts, etc.;
• Contribute to developing, growing and maintaining relationships with strategic priority clients;
• Manage client pursuits, proposal preparation and pitching process;
• Build an in-depth knowledge of the client's business and stays up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, and leading practices
• Apply quality assurance, risk management, and confidentiality procedures in all areas of work performed and managed; and
• Stay abreast of industry trends, new regulations and financial reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients. Your role as a leader:
• Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
• Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, to lead by example and establish confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Act as a role model, embrace and live our purpose and values, and recognize others for the impact they make Requirements:
• Bachelor's / Master's degree of any disciplines;
• Professional accounting qualification (e.g. HKICPA, CICPA, AICPA, etc.) is preferred, but would also consider candidate with strong client delivery experience;
• At least five years' experience in delivering professional services as an auditor of financial statements or a consultant in the area of accounting/ finance;
• In-depth understanding of HKFRS/ IFRS, PRC GAAP and/or US GAAP with knowledge and experiences in the application of new accounting standards (i.e. IFRS 9, 15, 16 and/or 17);
• Able to relate accounting standards and financial reporting regulations to business processes as well as to generate business benefits and optimize financial position/ performance for clients on top of staying compliant;
• Have a strong interest in the business development as well as develop your thought-leadership and eminence over-time;
• Be a team player and be able to work well with individuals from across disciplines, such as lawyers, sponsors, investors, etc., as well as across cultures and seniority;
• Strong leadership and project management skills;
• Be passionate about delivering the best solution to our clients;
• Be an excellent communicator and have fluency in in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
• Willing to travel.
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168579