Manager / Associate Director - IFRS 17 Insurance Advisory - Audit & Assurance - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media. About Deloitte Assurance Services in Hong Kong
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing and dynamic IFRS Insurance team. We are uniquely positioned in the market to leverage our global knowledge and local market capabilities.
The insurance industry, globally, is entering a very challenging period as it prepares to completely transform the financial reports they prepare for their investors to raise capital and to report their performance. This transformation is triggered by the fundamental revision of IFRS financial reporting rules (IFRS 17 "Insurance Contracts") for insurers that are in use in over 100 countries. Deloitte Hong Kong has very ambitious plans to serve the large local insurance sector with a multidisciplinary approach that will combine accounting, actuarial and technology skills. The exciting opportunity is to join the first of these three pillars and work directly with Deloitte global IFRS insurance leader, Francesco Nagari, who is based in Hong Kong since 2014 to lead the global Deloitte campaign. The team is due to expand significantly over the next 12-18 months and the career prospects against this unique opportunity are compelling given the opportunity to work at the leading edge of the accounting profession, serving sophisticated clients and delivering complex projects that can transform a whole sector. Work you'll do:
Your role as a leader:
- Advise clients on the implementation of IFRS 17, which are of particular importance to the Insurance Industry
- Advise clients on the evolutions in internal control processes and the business as a whole, which occur as a result of the changes caused by IFRS 17
- Work hand in hand with the Technology and other teams to upgrade the existing reporting system as and when need arises.
- Contribute to developing, growing and maintaining relationships with insurance clients
- Stay abreast of industry trends, new regulations and reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients
- Prepare and facilitate IFRS 17 trainings for clients including their core implementation team
- Act as a role model and inspire others to embrace and live our purpose and values
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline; create a talent experience that attracts, develop and retain top talent and high performing teams
- Create opportunities to drive impact; anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person's strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
- Build deep relationships across a diverse network and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
- Translate broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- Apply deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Establish a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
- You should already have at least five years' experience in delivering professional services to insurance clients as an auditor or a consultant in the area of finance, actuarial valuation or risk management
- You should have the ability to relate financial reporting regulations to business processes, to generate business benefits on top of making an insurance business compliant
- You should have a strong interest in the developments of IFRS 17 and be looking to develop your thought-leadership and eminence over-time
- You should be a team player and be able to work well with individuals from across disciplines, such as actuarial and technology, as well as across cultures and seniority
- You should be passionate about delivering the best solution to our clients.
- You should be an excellent communicator and have fluency in English and ideally another Asian language (though this is not a must)
- You should have an accounting qualification, but we will also look at candidates with strong client delivery experience
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168403