Manager / Associate Director - Finance, Controls & Capital Events Assurance - Audit & Assurance - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media
. About Finance, Controls & Capital Events Assurance
Finance today often struggles to meet competing priorities. Not only does management demand Finance to provide quicker and better analytical insights to support decision-making, but new accounting standards, rapid changes to business model and M&A activities also place significant pressure on Finance to adapt fast.
Now more than ever, business and finance executives seek assistance from us to improve the productivity and performance of their finance operations and transform their finance functions into trusted business advisors.
To enable our clients in establishing world-class finance functions, we adopt a cross-disciplinary approach to provide insight on how to better design finance organizations, processes, data and systems with leading practices and digital technology, as well as facilitate our clients in managing capital market transactions, such as getting ready for IPO, carving out business units for spin-off, integrating finance functions after a merger, etc. Work you'll do:
• Work hand in hand with clients' business executives, CFOs, controllers and/or company owners to redefine the roles and values of their finance functions and formulate initiatives to improve the governance and performance of their finance operating models;
• Help clients to transform their finance organizations, including but not limited to the design of finance organizations, processes, data and systems, while leveraging our database of finance leading practices as well as automation and other digital capabilities;
• Assist clients to optimize end-to-end finance processes, such as procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, close, consolidation and report, planning and budgeting, etc.;
• Improve clients' performance management by enhancing financial management reporting;
• Assist clients to assess the IPO readiness of their accounting, finance function and internal controls against relevant listing rules and provide practical improvement recommendations;
• Assist clients to prepare, analyze and account for significant merger, acquisition and divesture transactions, including but not limited carving out business units for spin-off, integrating finance functions after a merger, etc.;
• Work directly with business and finance executives as well as colleagues across the globe to share expertise and insights, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches;
• Actively develop new service offerings and build market eminence relating to this specialty;
• Contribute to developing, growing and maintaining relationships with strategic priority clients;
• Manage client pursuits, proposal preparation and pitching process;
• Develop expertise in the redesign of finance operating model, processes and controls as well as in the adoption and use cases of digital finance technology;
• Build an in-depth knowledge of the client's business and stays up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, and leading practices
• Apply quality assurance, risk management, and confidentiality procedures in all areas of work performed and managed; and
• Stay abreast of industry trends, new regulations and financial reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients. Your role as a leader:
• Apply deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
• Build deep relationships across a diverse network and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
• Create opportunities to drive impact; anticipate our stakeholders' needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person's strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
• Translate broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; align the team and set priorities to achieve objectives
• Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline; create a talent experience that attracts, develop and retain top talent and high performing teams
• Establish a strong leadership brand and inspire followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
• Act as a role model and inspire others to embrace and live our purpose and values
- B achelor's / Master's degree of any disciplines, but a degree in Finance, Accounting or related subjects is preferred
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. HKICPA, CICPA, AICPA, CIMA, etc.) is preferred, but would also consider candidate with strong client delivery experience;
- At least five years' experience in delivering professional services as an auditor of financial statements or a consultant delivering finance transformation programs, financial operations improvement, and/or financial software implementations;
- Experience with an audit/ advisory/ consulting practice of a Big 4 accounting firm or a Big 3 consultancy is preferred;
- Prior significant roles in large scale finance transformation projects or running finance shared services in industry is essential;
- Preferably with experiences in IPO and/or significant merger, acquisition or divestiture transactions;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client services excellence;
- Knowledge of industry trends, development and availability of new technologies and tools in finance;
- Have a strong interest in the business development as well as develop your thought-leadership and eminence over-time;
- Be a team player and be able to work well with individuals from across disciplines as well as across cultures and seniority;
- Strong leadership and project management skills;
- Be passionate about delivering the best solution to our clients;
- Be an excellent communicator and have fluency in in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Willing to travel.
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168578