Manager / Assistant Manager (Non-life Business)
- Monthly Salary + Discretionary Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Insurance Authority
- 15 Oct 18
The Insurance Authority (IA) is an insurance regulator established under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41). It replaced the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, a government department, to regulate insurance companies with effect from 26 June 2017. The principal function of IA is to regulate and supervise the insurance industry for the promotion of the general stability of the insurance industry and for the protection of existing and potential policy holders. IA is expected to take over the supervision of insurance intermediaries from the three Self-Regulatory Organizations in mid-2019.
IA now invites applications for the following positions:
Reporting to the Senior Manager (SM) (Non-life Business), the incumbent will undertake the following:
- Perform prudential supervision of authorized non-life insurers
- Participate in conducting inspection and monitoring non-life insurers' compliance with regulatory requirements
- Support initiatives to promote the non-life insurance market of Hong Kong
- Other duties as assigned by senior management to facilitate the administration of the statutory functions of IA
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics or actuarial science. Qualified CPA or actuary is recommended
- Minimum 5 years' relevant work experience for the Manager post; minimum 3 years for the Assistant Manager post
- Experience in non-life actuarial practices will be highly valued
- Knowledge of the local regulatory requirements, insurance products, industry practices and market dynamics relating to the insurance business and work experience in a local or overseas insurance regulatory agency is preferred
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, and able to work in a team in a collaborative environment
- Strong command of written and spoken English. Good command of written and spoken Chinese will be an advantage
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications will be offered.
Review of the applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 8 October 2018, or until the post is filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of application quoting the reference number in the heading, together with a full resume stating current and expected salaries to email@example.com
The Insurance Authority is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants not invited for an interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications may be considered for other suitable positions within IA. All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. All information on non-shortlisted applicants will be destroyed after 6 months from the close of applications.