- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 07 Dec 17
Manager, Wealth Re-engineering Supports
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Understand and accompany with the experience in handling both domestic and foreign markets Settlement, Asset Transfer, Securities Static and Corporate Action Middle Office functions to support the Wealth Management Operations. Understand the current operation flows and risk controls under the middle office function, posses a strong interpersonal skill, a team player who is capable in bridging and working with various key stakeholders at the team such as settlement static data, corporate action and other involved working partners. Be able to influence and lead wealth equity related projects after understanding the entire middle office operating flow. Creative with awareness of operating risk controls, understand the current market practice and regulations besides knowing the operating flows of the middle office and (or) custodian operation. Be able to oversee multiple projects at the same time with strong time management, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders effectively.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Has experience and familiar with daily Settlement, Static Data and Corporate Actions activities within Local and Regional Wealth Operations, including those manual workarounds without systems supporting, understand the process flows thoroughly, including DOIs and be able to handle and lead wealth related projects that involve new infrastructures, a change management on the current process flows
2. Understand various wealth related system infrastructures and designs, be creative in suggesting alternative system logics that streamline the current wealth operation flow with strong risk awareness and controls in place.
3. Be able to work with multi stakeholders that it may vary from wealth operation users, Group Wealth Engineering Team (Business Analysts, Project Managers, Development Team), including the Country Technology Team, PSS Supports Teams and others.
4. To ensure proper risk management control is in place under each project and a new or streamline process flow, resolve wealth operation business users' problems and irregular items by working with the right support teams.
5. To support the business in meeting its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Group's policy and Standards, and under local law and regulations.
6. To consider user's experience and client's experience under each project. When the project is delivered with system is developed, prepare those User Acceptance Test (UAT) Cases, including working with Ops Users closely in performing technical and functional tests, being hands on and lead all these UAT tests.
7. To communicate effectively with each stakeholders and be able to influence key stakeholders under the decision making process, drive for project funding support and be able to present the ideas clearly.
8. To implement client requirements and ensure services standard achieved.
9. To support BAU activities when needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree with Technology, Finance or relevant disciplines
- Creative with strong problem solving skill set and awareness of operation risks
- Solid experience in supporting Custody or Middle Office Operations or related functions under technology project handling, including a possibility of being a Business Analyst for an financial institution
- A strong team player who has exhibited leadership, team work, be able to work with multi layers of stakeholders, capable in influencing stakeholders under the decision making process
- Posses strong presentation skill with good communication skill
- Posses good command of Business English in communication and writing, fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Dec 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.