Manager, Trade & Factoring - Product Management
About Dah Sing Group
The Dah Sing Group is a leading financial services group in Hong Kong offering banking, insurance, financial and other related services through its growing network of over 70 branches in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China.
Our currency is caring, teamwork and progressiveness. We accept that everyone is unique and different in talent, but alike in the capacity for growth. Our task is to shape a culture that creates a sense of pride in achieving something beyond just a job, and an environment where you can be your true and authentic self, like at home.
Reporting to the Head of Transaction Banking, you will be responsible for e xpanding trade and factoring business to meet all year-end targets set by management through implementation of the department's business development strategies and working closely with Relationship Managers to convert pipeline deals into real drawdowns. Responsibilities
- Conduct factoring survey, p repare Sales Ledger Analysis with detailed risk analysis and mitigation for Relationship Managers to submit Credit Line or Special Approval to Commercial Credit
- Ensure fulfillment of all facility/debtor approval conditions required by Commercial Credit, Import Factor and/or Credit Insurer
- Ensure proper and complete execution of facility documents prior to drawdown of approved factoring facility
- Monitor overdue debts & follow up the collection with debtors and clients, and keep credit insurer informed of the overdue status
- Follow up with import factors on debtor collection status & to claim guarantee payment (if necessary) on overdue debts
- Work with Credit Insurers on lodgment of claim and subsequent recovery work
- Conduct debt reconciliation and confirmation according to pre-defined factoring product manual
- Review CAR raised by Factoring Operations that require technical advice/recommendation from Trade & Factoring Team
- Track client/debtor performance and identify exceptional, problematic or suspicious debtor to provide early warning signals to supervisors, CBD-Risk and Relationship Managers to minimize potential loss of bad debts
- Prepare periodic factoring credit control report and operational risk reports
- Handle and resolve enquires raised by clients for factoring assignment and debtor payment
- Promote usage of trade finance and service products and provide advice on product structuring to Relationship Managers to facilitate product offering to prospective clients and trade facility setup
- Keep update of trade & factoring market developments and competitors' strategies
- Work with supervisors and Relationship Managers in trade and factoring business development
- University graduates with 3-5 years' experience in trade and/or factoring sales.
- Solid experience in evaluating factorability of prospect clients, conducting factoring survey, receivables reconciliation, and debt monitoring & collection.
- Good analytical skill and credit sense in analyzing relevant data from clients' portfolio and market in order to determine credit worthiness of the referred business.
- Strong business development skills and marketing sense to keep up-to-date information in implementing and monitoring business development.
- Strong interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining relationship with internal and external customers.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.