See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm?s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethics. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career ? a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
About Third Party Program Management
The Third Party Program Management (TPPM) group is a dedicated First line of Defense (LoD) function within Reengineering & Expense Management (REM) and the Finance division, established to more effectively manage risks associated with Morgan Stanley's use of internal and external Third Parties to provide goods and services. TPPM is part of REM alongside Accounts Payable and Firmwide Sourcing.
TPPM's key objectives are:
- Enable a firm-wide Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) program based in 1st LoD
- Implement a firm-wide TPRM strategy, processes and tools
- Execute due diligence and ongoing monitoring
- Implement clear, consistent information and reporting to identify, measure, monitor and manage firm-wide risks
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements
Role: Manager, TPPM Asia Regional Coverage
Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: Executive Director, TPPM Asia Regional Lead
Scope: Third Party risk management, including outsourcing for Asia
The role will be responsible for supporting the TPPM Asia Regional Lead to facilitate implementation and enforce consistent compliance with the Firm's TPRM Framework in the region. In this role the successful candidate will support Morgan Stanley's Business Units and support functions to manage Third Party risks and maintain all Third Party arrangements in compliance with the Firm's internal policies, external rules and relevant regulations on all aspects of the Third Party and outsourcing risk management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acts as a point of contact on all aspects of Third Party and outsourcing risk management in the region
- Supports Morgan Stanley's Business Units and support functions in managing Third Party risks in accordance with the Firm's TPRM Framework, coordinating with other functional and regional TPPM team as required; partner with 2LoD, including Legal and Compliance departments, as required
- Supports the Asia Regional Lead with communication efforts and building strong stakeholder engagement model to promote the TPPM in the region and support the firmwide change management
- Creates monthly/quarterly reporting packs for Third Party Governance Committee (TPGC) and Asia Pacific Outsourcing Governance Committee (AP OGC) meetings
- Identifies and escalates risk issues or material change and ensure these are reported to the Regional Lead and other TPPM stakeholders as required
- Develops a good understanding of the Firm's operations, outsourcing environment, industry knowledge and regulatory changes in Asia, particularly in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea and Indonesia
- Prepares status updates and collates management information required for the Regional Lead to monitor the effectiveness of TPPM initiatives in the region
- Supports training delivery with respect to BU roles and responsibilities and TPPM processes (i.e., appropriate supporting groups, inventory/tracking, strategy, etc.) in Asia
- Builds solid working relationships with Business Unit stakeholders to promote awareness of the TPPM and the Firm's TPRM Framework in Asia
The successful candidate will have experience in Third Party and outsourcing risk support role for Banking or Financial Services organizations. More specifically, qualifications ought to include:
Equal Opportunity Statement
- 5+ years of experience in internal controls and risk management in global Banking or Financial Services organizations, preferably in Third Party and outsourcing risk
- Basic understanding of outsourcing and Third Party risk regulatory landscape in Asia region is required
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong project management skills, including ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams with varied backgrounds and skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and proven ability to effectively interact with team members, clients, and peers, earning their trust and establishing credibility
- High energy level, intelligence, maturity and unquestionable integrity with a team orientation
- Ability to work in a global team environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proficiency in English, Mandarin and/or Japanese would be an advantage
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).