Manager, Strategy (Corporates)
KPMG China is based in 27 offices across 25 cities with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. Working collaboratively across all these offices, KPMG China can deploy experienced professionals efficiently, wherever our client is located.
KPMG is a global organisation of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories and in FY20 had close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International Limited and its related entities do not provide services to clients.
KPMG China's Strategy & Performance (S&P) works with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic and performance needs across the economic and transaction cycles. Our mission is to provide insights, knowledge and support to our clients to help them make positive decisions which are value enhancing. We are looking to attract, coach and retain exceptional talent to help us achieve our mission.
S&P is organized across five business pillars:
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Government & Infrastructure
Operating as one team across China, we work closely with a wide range of organizations from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.
• Establish role as day-to-day contact on engagements and be seen as a trusted advisor by mid-level executives
• Co-ordinate and drive the preparation of client deliverables spanning multiple work streams with limited oversight
• Take day-to-day responsibility for smaller projects and manage significant elements of larger engagements
• Demonstrate deep expertise and an ability to generate insights in a chosen sector
• Motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive 360 degree feedback
• Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team/ firm
Required experience & technical skills
• 4-8 years of relevant experience in:
- Tier 1 & 2 strategy houses
- Strategy consulting or Transaction advisory or Management consulting in a big 4 / similar firm
- Corporate strategy / Corporate development / M&A team of a large company
• Degree from a leading institution
• Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
• Strong storyboarding and slide structuring capabilities
• Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
• Ability to build complex financial models that support our recommendations to clients is an advantage
• Analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and creativity
• Confidence, people skills, ambition and pragmatism
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; Chinese written and oral communication proficiency are a definite advantage
• Ability to manage and deliver projects on time, within budget and with quality
For more information, please visit https://home.kpmg/cn/en/home/services/advisory/strategy.html
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.