Manager/ Senior Manager, Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
• To achieve assigned functions accurately and efficiently.
• Provide guidance and technical advice to other Group functions and business units.
• Ensure there are proper processes and controls to deliver all financial reports and deliverables with good quality in a timely manner and conformed to AIA Group accounting policies.
• Ensure continuous enhancements around process efficiency, automation, internal control over financial reporting, Group standard setting, as well as quality and insightful analyses and deliverables. The financial reports include Group IFRS statements, adjusted net worth (part of embedded value), economic balance sheet on the internal economic capital basis. In addition, the financial reports also cover intermediate holding company reports including IFRS and reporting to the Hong Kong insurance authority and Bermuda regulator.
• Support the deliverables for the Audit Committees and Board of AIA Group as well as intermediate holding company.
• Manage projects and change initiatives relating to financial and regulatory reporting.
• Deliver the above through collaboration with other Group Office functions and
business units with a clear business partner mindset.
• Support stakeholder management through delivering value propositions to relevant internal and external stakeholders and support business and financial performance management.
• Manage the regular closing and reporting process for Group and business units
• Manage and support the deliverables of required financial statements, management reports and analyses, Audit Committee and Board deliverables
• Provide analytical review and the consolidated financial results and the financial results of business units
• Ensure all the deliverable are complied with AIA Group Accounting Policies and the standards and regulations set by HKIA and HK Stock Exchange
• Assist in regular calls or meetings with business units and a high-level control on financial results
• Support continuous process and system enhancements to drive better and faster closing process and production of deliverables together with our business units and other Group Office functions;
• Enhance Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting program, Balance Sheet Reconciliations and quarterly Certifications from business units, RCE offices and Group Management
• Participate in the roll out of various SAP systems including FICO, FAM, Treasury, etc.
• Support the production of Embedded Value, Economic Capital and solvency positions on both Hong Kong and Bermuda regulatory bases,
• Other ad hoc tasks and analyses as assigned,
• Work with the shared service center team and continue to drive our outsourcing strategy,
• Manage projects and change initiatives relating to financial and regulatory reporting and support wider finance and corporate projects from financial and regulatory reporting perspective
• Collaborate with and provide support to our business units and Group Office functions with the business partner mindset
• Degree/Master holder in finance / accounting or other business disciplines
• Qualified Accountant with regional exposure in a multinational environment
• Min 5 (for Manager) / Min 10 (for Senior Manager) years strong proven managerial experience in financial reporting and / or budget and planning functions
• Wide exposure in life insurance industry
• Strong communicator (verbal and written) with strong leadership to manage a sizable team
• Ability to support multi stakeholder information needs
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Fluency in both written and spoken English
• Proficiency in SAP, IFRS and HKICO a plus
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.