Manager, Risk Governance & Enterprise Risks
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
This is a role within the Risk function to support work performed by the Risk Governance & Enterprise Risks team. Key tasks include ensuring central elements of Hong Kong's risk governance and control framework are operating effectively, within Risk Appetite and in line with internal frameworks and policies as well as statutory and regulatory requirements. Strategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model, supporting the identification of emerging risks
- Maintain good level of understanding of the latest regulatory requirements which are of relevance to the Risk function;
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Being a trusted Risk partner to the Business and effectively challenge where needed
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the SCBHK Enterprise Risk Management Framework across relevant entities;
- Support the implementation of the BCBS239 project
- Support the Risk Function in the management of relationship and supervisory interface with regulators such as the HKMA;
- Support relevant Risk teams in the management of regulatory examination as appropriate;
- Support the management of risks under the responsibility of the CRO, such as Reputational & Sustainability Risks, Country Risk, Climate Risk, among others
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support in the facilitation of Risk Governance Meetings, including the Executive Risk Committee
- Prepare/Collate papers, information packs and presentations as required by the CRO for Risk governance meetings and SCBHK Board Meetings as required;
- Track and escalate issues and undertake follow-up actions as required
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Chief Risk Officer, Risk function, Business, Group Risk
- Very strong communication skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to interact confidently with senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully and efficiently in a fast paced, regulatory driven environment.
- Good sense of risk management and compliance requirements
- Familiar with HKMA requirements on risk management and risk governance
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and independent thinking skills
- Educated to degree level
- Prior experience in Banking industry (Finance/Risk/Compliance/Audit/Governance or similar preferred but not essential)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.