Manager, Proposition and Product Development, Individual Financial Products
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products and services daily. We believe in the value of empowering our Manager, Proposition and Product Development, Individual Financial Products
with the resources to enhance and achieve our business performance objectives for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife is looking for this position to lead new product development and product maintenance of traditional life products based on customer needs and economic environment to achieve business objective. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- University degree in any discipline.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in insurance industry with at least 2 years of experience in product development.
- Strong knowledge of various types of life insurance products, particularly in traditional life products is preferred.
- Experience working in a bancassurance partnership is a plus.
- Ability to leverage key relationships and build networks to work effectively and deliver results.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, considers diverse perspectives and uses tact to build support of own ideas.
- Team player, passionate, mature and independent in driving and handling counterparts. Ability to facilitate attainment of mutual agreement by communicating with diplomacy and tact, and gain commitment to decisions made.
- Strong communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Efficient MS application and Chinese input.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Maintains commitment to goals, measures own work to track progress, while identifying and resolving challenges.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for Assistant Manager.
Our commitment to you:
- Lead new product development and product maintenance of life protection and savings products based on customer needs and economic environment to achieve business objective
- Lead the end-to-end product development process from initial product design to launch of products as well as the product maintenances.
- Support the launch of new products and product related initiatives for bancassurance channel.
- Lead the development and implementation of new product initiatives and product enhancement projects for traditional life products. Oversee and manage launch schedule of new products and projects.
- Provide product-related support for bancassurance channel, including channel-specific product launches and initiatives, and their corresponding due diligence and implementation.
- Collaborate with business partners and internal parties in product development process to ensure product initiatives and related supports are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders to ensure technology infrastructure and operational processes can support timely and successful launch of projects according to agreed plan.
- Support on-going projects such as product reviews, sales campaign support along with business partners.
- Support the implementation of regulatory changes from product line perspective.
- Participate in the formulation of product strategies and prioritization of product initiatives.
- Assist in the development of team members and collaborate with other teams on joint initiatives.
- Proactively monitor market development and conduct insurance market intelligence study for product update in market.
- Prepare and review product related literatures.
- Manage and communicate to key stakeholders including distribution and management on all key issues related to business lines in an effective manner.
- Support ad-hoc projects and other duties as required.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
#LI-RC51 Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .