Manager, Private Banking Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Business Strategy, Operations & Infrastructure
- Support Line Manager and Ops Team Leaders to deliver the client journey end state vision within Private Bank
- Driving adoption of existing and future process and technology initiatives
- Embedding transacting related process aligning to client's requirements while adhering to the Bank's Operational Risk Framework (ORF)
- Continuously improving productivity and efficiency of operations and drive system standardisation
- To manage various projects from Group and Country, ensure the objectives is clearly explained to relevant Operations Team, relate risks and issues from Ops and Front Office to Project Team, leading the UAT and UVT till production and arrange post-production review update to Line Manager.
- Closely work with key stakeholders such as Group Project Team, Product Owner, technology and Front Office, perform business analysis to ensure effective project implementation.
- Support post-production issue analysis, engage project team and technology to resolve BAU queries and incidents.
- Monitor and follow up project progress and timely report status in Private Bank Management meetings and communications.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group and Country Change & Delivery Team
- Various Tech and PSS Team
- Country Finance
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.