Manager (Policy Research) (Ref: M (PR))
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Financial Services Development Council
- 18 Feb 19
The Financial Services Development Council (“FSDC”) was established by the HKSAR Government in January 2013. The FSDC engages the financial services industry of Hong Kong and formulates proposals to promote the further development of the industry and map out the strategic direction for the development of Hong Kong as an international financial centre.
- To collect and analyse data and assist in conducting in-depth policy research and studies in relation to economic and financial market developments as well as human capital development;
- To prepare project plans, policy research papers, reports, speeches, presentation materials and briefing materials;
- To work closely with internal and external parties on research projects; to plan and organise conferences and workshops as necessary;
- To monitor regional and global trends and key developments in the financial markets on a regular basis;
- To implement human capital initiatives through collaboration with market practitioners, universities and relevant industry bodies; and
- To support the Board of Directors, Committees and working groups on various policy issues and work initiatives of the FSDC.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in finance, economics or related disciplines;
- Preferably with 4 years’ post-qualification experience in the financial services industry, with experiences in economic or financial market research and analysis;
- Solid report writing and analytical skills;
- Fluent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese; good command of Putonghua; and
- Proficiency in computer knowledge and skills, including MS Office and Chinese word processing.
Terms of Appointment & Package
Appointment will be offered on 3 years fixed-term contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please send, in not more than four pages altogether, a letter of application quoting the corresponding job reference in the heading, and a curriculum vitae setting out the details of qualifications, previous work experience, current and expected salary, to the Financial Services Development Council Secretariat at Units 3104-06, 31/F, Sunlight Tower, 248 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23 February 2019. Applicants not invited for an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call 2493 1313.