Manager, Operation Excellence (1-year contract)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Support Life Operations department in managing and executing operational improvement projects related to Life Operations System, functional processes, customer services, distribution connection, etc.
- Work with Life Operations users in preparing UR, BRD (Business Requirements Document), advise UAT plans
- Assure UAT testing quality.
- Bridge between Operations users and IT in clarifying and documenting requirements, maintain UAT schedules and produce progress reports / statistics for testing items.
- Perform UR walkthrough and UAT status review for IT and Operations users.
- Perform prioritization for IT change requests to meet business needs.
- Provide coaching and guidance to related Business Analysts in the team.
- Assist the team in project management, documentation and administration covering project charters, project plans, gap analysis and prioritization, resource plans, meeting status reports and minutes etc.
- Follow up with project tasks and work with task owners to deliver as planned.
- Organize work sessions for clarification, issue resolution and decision making.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as duly assigned.
- Undergraduate degree holder, preferably with major in IT or business related disciplines.
- Solid requirements specifications capabilities and testing experience obtained from medium to large scale projects.
- Good understanding of processes and systems in Life Insurance Operations.
- More than 4 years solid experience in business analyst role in Life Insurance industry.
- Good at organizing work sessions and bridging between users and IT to translate / clarify user requirements and produce related documentation.
- Good at coordinating small to medium working group including local and / or regional team members.
- Experience in gap analysis, business justification and prioritization, issue identification and analysis, and problem resolution.
- Good at reading, writing and communicating in fluent English and Chinese.
- A sophisticated MS Office user.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under timeline pressure.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.