The Insurance Authority (IA) is an insurance regulator established under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41). The principal function of IA is to regulate and supervise the insurance industry for the promotion of the general stability of the insurance industry and for the protection of existing and potential policy holders.
Reporting to the Senior Manager (Non-life Business), the incumbent will undertake the following:
- Perform prudential supervision of authorized non-life insurers
- Participate in conducting inspection and monitoring non-life insurers' compliance with regulatory requirements
- Support initiatives to promote the non-life insurance market of Hong Kong
- Other duties as assigned by senior management to facilitate the administration of the statutory functions of IA
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics, actuarial science or related disciplines. Qualified CPA or actuary is recommended
- Minimum 5 years' solid work experience
- Knowledge of the local regulatory requirements, insurance products, industry practices and market dynamics relating to the insurance business
- Work experience in a local or overseas insurance regulatory agency or non-life actuarial practices is preferred
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, and able to work in a team in a collaborative environment
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Strong command of both written and spoken English and Chinese. Proficiency in Putonghua will be an advantage
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications will be offered.
Review of the applications will start as soon as possible and continue until the posts are filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of application quoting the reference number in the heading, together with a full resume stating public examination and university academic results as well as current and expected salaries to email@example.com
The Insurance Authority is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants not invited for an interview within 2 months from the submission date may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications may be considered for other suitable positions within IA. All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. All information on non-shortlisted applicants will be destroyed after 6 months from the submission of their applications.