Manager, Market Technology Sales - APAC
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 05 Apr 18 2018-04-05
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more. The Manager, Market Technology Sales for Asia Pacific (APAC) will work to generate revenue opportunities across CME Group’s suite of market technology and data services and contribute to the building and execution of business cases for generating new revenue streams through tailored partnership deals with 3rd party vendors including fintech firms. The role will gain a deep understanding of our existing technology suite of offerings and a foundational knowledge in CME core markets, but will also continually seek to understand emerging technology trends which may impact capital markets such as the digitization of assets, machine learning, cloud and edge computing, and other FinTech trends relevant to capital markets. The role will involve customer interaction across various segments including asset managers, banks, corporates, FCMs, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms and retail platforms to capture evolving customer needs and requirements at a macro level and will also entail mapping such requirements back to potential technology and data solutions. The role will report to the Head of APAC Market Technology Sales and will be working closely alongside other internal business stakeholders. The role makes autonomous decisions on the frequency of customer interaction through a sales process and sees all sales engagement through to contract execution. Accountabilities
- Generate revenue thru growing the adoption across CME Group’s suite of market technology and data services including infrastructure (co-location & connectivity), data (historical, hosted 3rd party datasets, derived) and application services (CME Direct & Elysian)
- Build a deep knowledge in CME’s existing technology portfolio and its potential technology offerings of the future, including how they support CME’s core business. This expertise should be reinforced through regular market research, customer outreach and trend analysis in order to identify and validate new revenue opportunities and creation of impactful sales collateral.
- Develop and grow a broad network of senior stakeholder relationships across CME Group’s existing and potential client base, together with potential technology and data partners, within the APAC region. This network should facilitate proactive lead generation, ad-hoc marketing efforts and sales campaigns, and customer research.
- Successfully execute a sales plan to generate a pipeline of commercialisation opportunities with target customer segments, 3rd party content and technology service providers.
- Conduct effective pipeline management, knowledge sharing and periodic reporting through the use of the SalesForce CRM tool.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Industry experience preferably in a technical pre-sales role for EMS or data sales.
- Good command of general knowledge on capital markets and derivatives. Options knowledge would be a plus.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in multi-functional teams.
- Experience addressing concerns in a mature and inclusive manner and understanding the needs to balance between internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive attitude, a strong desire to learn, versatility and commitment to personal growth.
- Written and spoken English and Mandarin language fluency is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office tools.
- Willingness to travel - 20% - 30%