Manager, Investment Operations
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Participate and assist the Senior Manager in the daily investment and ILAS operations
- Assist in the investment accounting function, including cash management
- Maintain investment transaction records in compliance with statutory and management requirements
- Provide accurate, reliable and timely investment information
- Execute internal accounting controls as implemented in Finance Department
- Oversee the daily tasks carried out by junior team members as assigned
- Review or assist in the following areas within the team. For example:
- investment reports for other functions / departments / management or external parties
- daily trades for unit-linked products
- daily transactions
- liquidity projection
- treasury and liquidity management
- Be responsible for, assist or review as part of the financial month-end closing process. For example:
- Asset data
- Investment returns
- Help provide oversight on the outsourced areas. For example:
- Calastone operations
- Collateral management
- Assist in various investment related projects plus any ad hoc tasks as assigned
- University graduate with a Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Minimum 4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Qualified accountant, ie ACCA/HKICPA member
- Experience in investment operations and/or investment accounting is a must
- Well-organized and systematic and works well under high pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong accounting knowledge with good communication skills with peers and outside parties
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and high degree of initiative
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in using SUN account system is preferable
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.