Manager, Insurance Finance - Global Finance
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Insurance Finance.
In this role, you will
- Support the Technical Analyst Lead and the analysis, interpretation and understanding of the requirements of the new accounting standard and the impact it has on HSBC's insurance business.
- Draft technical papers on the key elements of the requirements of IFRS 17, including performing an impact analysis for each technical aspect of IFRS 17, alternatives available and potential advantages or disadvantages of the same, the implementation requirements and challenges.
- Consider the impact from other standards and local regulatory reporting requirement and how they interact with the proposed requirements of IFRS 17.
- Support the Technical Review Committee by presenting the technical papers and working with the project teams to set up the implementation process.
- Provide technical support on the implementation of IFRS 17 to Finance and Business teams through the Subject Matter Expert groups.
- Formulate and recommend Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance on policies around IFRS 17.
- Report back to the Technical Review Committee and project team on the progress of implementation, issues encountered and how the same will be resolved.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Associate Chartered Accountant with a recognised UK institute such as ICAEW or overseas equivalent.
- Post qualification experience of financial reporting, auditing, and ideally technical accounting in IFRS.
- Significant life insurance experience including a solid understanding of policy administration, actuarial and accounting systems.
- Exceptional IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or professional practice, including experience of drafting technical accounting papers and challenging current practice in order to drive improvement.
- Strong technical knowledge of current insurance accounting, including embedded value principles, IFRS 17, its impacts and interaction with other financial and regulatory reporting standards.
- Strong interpersonal, language and presentation skills.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000ABGU
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited