Manager, Fund/Client Accounting
Manages a small team of Accountants responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including determining Private Equity Fund valuations, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
Resolves escalated issues from team members. Manages the performance of assigned staff and sets team priorities. Manages team in determining the valuations for assigned funds for each measurement cycle.
Manages relationships with assigned clients and ensures all questions are answered and issues with fund calculations and accounting are resolved.
Manages processes for checking for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements. Provides oversight of team to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate Should Display The Following:
- Ability to work well under pressure, lending control and order to a difficult or pressurized situation
- Ability to deal easily with multiple issues and tasks.
- Proven management experience. Skills in delegation, organization and people management to ensure the team can work effectively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive Team Player who actively promotes sharing of knowledge.
- Prepared to work additional hours to meet deadlines and strong time management skills.
- Shows initiative and creativity, taking a long-term approach to improvement and resolution of issues
- Is self-confident, demonstrates integrity and business-appropriate behavior
- Ability to question a process and promote own ideas and solution
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of the department
- Resolves escalated issues from team members. Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices
- Manages the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance. Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
Manages a small team of Accountants. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Previous experience in Private Equity Fund Accounting is required. Knowledge in handling full cycle of launch to termination of Private Equity Fund cycle.
- 8 years of total work experience and at least 1-3 years in management preferred. Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
- A strong understanding of English and Cantonese is required. A good understanding
of Mandarin is also preferred.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong Job:
Operations Internal Jobcode:
AIS Operations-HR08997 Requisition Number: