Manager, Equities Syndication and Cash Equities TPM Middle Office Control - Markets Operations
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Markets Operations is responsible for driving every part of the trade lifecycle post execution. Its global teams manage settlement activity, risk and control, while ensuring the delivery of regulatory compliance and seamless operational client service across 60 countries.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Equities Syndication and Cash Equities TPM Middle Office Control.
In this role, you will
- Provide pre settlement operational support to Equity Capital Markets
- Product coverage includes equities IPO and private placement, rights, convertible bonds and GDR listing.
- Responsible for coordination with ECM and other relevant infrastructure teams to ensure a smooth transactional flow downstream, while maintaining a proper level of control in term of disseminating confidential information.
- Responsible for Downstream operational activities such as static and market data set up, allocation, bookings validation, drafting of placement letter, consolidation of place list and payment and settlement arrangement.
- Closely working with ECM and coordinate with relevant Operations team to ensure regulator and clients' requirements are met.
- Closely monitor various deadlines to ensure documents are promptly submitted.
- Working with Middle Office Desk Support and Settlement to ensure no destruction on allocation booking and settlement.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or other related disciplines are preferred.
- Relevant work experience in equities operations or other equities related middle office or post trade functions.
- Proven experience on equities syndication or IPO processing.
- Subject Matter Expert on HK IPO procedures and that of other major Asian markets
- Possess up to date understanding and knowledge on the market trend and regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with the transaction cycle for equities and other quasi equities products. Knowledge or experience on shares registration and physical settlement would be highly valued.
- Strong problem solving, analytical thinking, communications, interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and to work well under pressure.
- Ability to interface with senior management team, providing updates and recommendations when issues arise.
- Self motivated and open to share ideas and knowledge.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000ACW5
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited