Manager, ECM operations
- Attractive Package + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pacific Focus
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
A leading global bank is hiring a high-calibre candidate to join the team in providing operational support to Equity Capital Markets (ECM).
- Provide pre-settlement operational support to Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
- Product coverage includes equities IPO and private placement, rights, convertible bonds and GDR listing.
- Responsible for coordination with ECM and other relevant infrastructure teams to ensure a smooth transactional flow downstream, while maintaining a proper level of control in term of disseminating confidential information.
- Responsible for Downstream operational activities such as static and market data set up, allocation / bookings validation, drafting of placement letter, consolidation of place list and payment and settlement arrangement.
- Closely work with ECM and coordinate with relevant Operations team to ensure regulator / clients’ requirements are met.
- Closely monitor various deadlines to ensure documents are promptly submitted.
- Work with MO Desk Support and Settlement to ensure no destruction on allocation booking and settlement
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or other related disciplines are preferred.
- 7-10 years' experience in equities operations or other equities-related middle-office /post trade functions; Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience on equities syndication/ IPO processing.
- Subject Matter Expert on HK IPO procedures and that of other major Asian markets; possess up-to-date understanding and knowledge on the market trend and regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with the transaction cycle for equities and other quasi-equities products. In particular, knowledge or experience on shares registration and physical settlement would be highly valued.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical thinking, communications, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Ability to interface with senior management team, providing updates and recommendations when issues arise.
- Self-motivated and openness to share ideas and knowledge.