Manager, Due Diligence, Hong Kong
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the Due Diligence Team's objectives is to be the sole interface for clients going through the KYC due diligence onboarding or recertification process.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Prioritization of on-boarding with additional focus on Tier 1 potential clients.
2. Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal, Systems) and production of the KYC (Collection, Confirmation, and most importantly, Analysis).
3. This team is also responsible for recertification, annual review and relevant client management process.
The responsibilities of this role will be diverse and varying, reliant on work required to be actioned.
• Local Team Management
- Manage and lead a team of staff in Hong Kong to complete Due Diligence in relation to new Onboarding and Recertification pipelines of responsible CIB client segments n Hong Kong. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, allocation of work to staff, quality oversight, issue escalation and resolution, staff assessment and training, and KPI creation / monitoring, assuring satisfaction of key stakeholders (issues, volumes, quality, controls, speed), continual improvement of processes, satisfactory closure of all audit items in a timely manner, assuring process standards are followed and results achieved.
• New Onboarding and Recertification Pipelines Management
- Manage new Onboarding and Recertification pipeline of responsible CIB client segments in Hong Kong, and ensure management initiative is satisfactorily implemented which includes, but not limited to, the enforcement of proactive pipeline management policies (to improve the throughput and completion cycle-time of WIPs), completion of WIPs in meeting the set of KPIs, and client management directives.
- Proactively engage with key stakeholders (business, business management, compliance) and ensure satisfaction.
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvement initiatives which may include, but not limited to, training, quality oversight, process review, etc.
• Coordination improvement with other Hong Kong Due Diligence Teams, and Local Due Diligence Teams of APAC region
- Working collaboratively with other Hong Kong Due Diligence Teams, and Local Due Diligence Teams of APAC region to identify and coordinate the implementation of process improvement initiatives in addressing quality, efficiency and policy compliant areas.
• Contribution to the first line of defense
- Conduct control review on regular basis and identify improvement opportunity.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) of responsible CIB client segments in APAC region, and being the main contact for Business, Client Management, Compliance, Audit, Control, and Regulators in relation to new Onboarding and Recertification matters.
- Coach and guide direct reports of responsible CIB client segments, and other Due Diligence team members.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
• Able to lead, coach and guide direct reports of responsible CIB client segments, and other Due Diligence team members.
• University graduate, preferably with at least 10 years relevant work experience, and professional qualification.
• Strong understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups - working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities.
• Strong understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
• Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Fluent in English (spoken and written), and preferably Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin).
• Internal Stakeholder management including: Business Management , Sales and Trading, Head of Desks, Relationship Managers, Senior Business Officers and other functional heads.
• Flexibility to travel when required.