Manager, Data Scientist (Insurance), Strategy & Performance
KPMG China's Strategy & Performance (S&P) works with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic and performance needs across the economic and transaction cycles. Our mission is to provide insights, knowledge and support to our clients to help them make positive decisions which are value enhancing. We are looking to attract, coach and retain exceptional talent to help us achieve our mission.
S&P is organized across five business pillars:
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Government & Infrastructure
Operating as one team across China, we work closely with a wide range of organizations from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. Responsibilities
- Develop enterprise utility workbenches and dashboards to promote awareness of data available and facilitate access and effective use of data for our insurance clients
- Lead efforts to select and implement the technologies required to support the analytics requirements of the client's strategic initiatives
- Provide advice to client's business unit users where appropriate
- Collect data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Correlate similar data to find actionable results
- Formulates and leads guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data
- Interpret and analyzes data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges
- Lead all data experiments agreed with clients
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts.
- Work closely with clients to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture
Qualifications & Requirements
- Prior data scientist role in Insurance industry or consulting role
- Broad understanding of the Hong Kong regulatory environment recommended
- Dealt with large-scale change and globally focused clients previously
- Dealt with hand-offs between teams and business units previously
- University graduate with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytical capability and understanding of various, ML, AI and analytical techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data management tools
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g. statistic, algebra) and working knowledge of statistics
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Ability to identify innovation opportunities, define and deliver innovative ideas
- Strong communication skills: English speaking and writing skills is mandatory. Preference in Cantonese and/or Putonghua is desirable
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.