Manager, Data Governance & Architecture
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
You will be part of the team to drive all enterprise-wide data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. The position will focus on the implementation of data governance target operating model, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, usability and protection to meet overall business needs. You will be responsible for planning and implementing data architecture, data warehouse and data lake
- Drive the consistent operationalisation of Data Governance capabilities and target operating model at the country level based on Group data governance strategy, policies and standards, with a focus on improvement of data quality, data ownership and the protection of sensitive data through effective change management
- Build data lake , data warehouse and data APIs in FWD countries by using new suitable technology.
- 6 years of relevant experience in execution of data governance or data management in the financial services industry
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in big data, data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementations.
- Good understanding of financial terminology and definitions
- Strong change management skills and / or experience in managing organisation transformation programs
- Knowledge of leading Data Governance trends and practices within the financial services industry, approaches to data quality, master data, metadata, data security and access, and business-technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets
- Independent, detail oriented and analytical, with good project management and organisational skills in a fast-paced and deadline-centric environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to manage different levels of stakeholders across the organisation and navigate through conflicts and differences competently
- Sense of ownership / responsibility with assignments with can-do attitude
- Expertise in Big Data and Data Lake technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hortonwork , MapR , Cloudera, RDBMS, Hbase , Stream Processing, ETL, Talend andInformatic
- Experience in solution crafting and developing proposals to illustrate business value provided by technical solutions.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and data visualization.
- Ability to provide strategic and architectural direction to address unique consortium problems.
- System design and modeling skills (e.g. domain driven design, data modeling , API design).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, specifically able to convey technical information in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Drive change management of new data capabilities and architectural direction.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.