Manager (Custodian Operations)
A foreign Investment Management firm is hiring for a Change Operations Manager for their APAC Operations Team. Preferred knowledge in APAC Unit Trust and new marketing opening. About the role
The position will be responsible for all operational changes, including the on-boarding of wholesale fund products and segregated mandates, for the Asia region and will support global colleagues with wider operational change initiatives. The team will also be responsible for all market opening requests for funds (Hong Kong/ Singapore United Trust and Mandatory Provident Fund) and mandates including the market due diligence process. Key Responsibilities
- Management of change/ project work assigned to the team.
- Product Management Liaison and product level change management from an operations perspective (fund launch, closure, share class launch, client take on/off/migration and in species for all fund products).
- Co-ordination of all operational change processes relative to client mandates e.g. new funds, terminations and in specie transfers.
- Assist with the business IMA review process, ongoing review on IMA's for segregated mandates.
- Assist with the support of all operational change processes relative to amending existing client details/IMAs or Product
- Maintenance of Authorised Signatory lists and their distribution.
- Assess and implement any new regulatory reporting requirements
- Support market opening, which may involve liaising with custodians, middle office and client relationship teams to ensure that all market opening requests are processed effectively.
- Market renewal and POA management.
- Processing and oversight of the market due diligence process.
- Work collaboratively with global colleagues on change initiatives.
- Ensure that there are appropriate and documented procedures and checklist and aligning these globally with other regions.
- Build a strong risk culture by reviewing the risk profiles regularly and ensure compliant with firm's policies, internal control measures and regulatory requirements
- Degree holder in Finance, Business Management or other related discipline
- Minimum 5-8 years of working experience in financial institution, with special focus on Operations
- Proven record in managing changes and projects on funds (HK/ SG UT, MPF and Pooled fund) and mandates
- Understanding of the regulatory environment
- Ability to run multiple streams of work simultaneously covering business and regulatory changes
- Excellent relationship management and communication (English and Chinese) skills, both with internal and external clients
- Good knowledge of market information systems
- Some knowledge and understanding of securities markets, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income and Derivatives
If this above description fits your experience and is something you would like to explore, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume to us.
Our specialist consultant will get in touch with you soon, if we find your profile suitable for this position or any other vacancies we are recruiting for.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Regan Lo at 3907 3944.