Manager Change Management & Delivery - Global Banking & Markets
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Manager Change Management & Delivery.
- To provide or support high quality project delivery services in line with the strategic objectives of the business
- To provide lead input to the department’s contribution to the business area’s balanced score card
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and their counterparts
- To implement new business and existing business change to timescale, budget and to the requisite standard and quality
- To develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with business colleagues in support of project delivery
- To identify and mitigate project risks with an objective of zero defects once business transferred to the live environment; in addition to manage and mitigate the impacts of issues where they arise.
- Dependent on assignment, to manage and develop a team of staff who are responsible for supporting and facilitating delivery of projects either within the Department or as a collective project team from across the business
- Understanding of change management concepts, methodologies and practices and ability to apply them in a practical way within a project to achieve desirable results
- Change Control - Manage the changing demands on the overall team to ensure that the project management resource is balanced to work on the activities that match best the business’ priorities and can rapidly adapt when demand changes
- Finding relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information, relating and comparing data form different sources, identify cause-effect relationships
- Manage a task, project or programme of work to successful completion
- Develop high class project communications and timely and accurate reporting to governance bodies and stakeholders, ensuring risks and issues are raised and addressed; seek to ensure there are “no surprises". Develop a culture where problems are addressed and not hidden
- Anticipate demand and needs from different customers and stakeholders and proactively plan for solution
- Facilitate and demonstrate cooperation, collaboration and communication on a local, functional and regional level in order to influence and engage stakeholders in working towards a mutually beneficial goal
- University graduate preferably in business administration, information technology or a similar discipline
- Significant demonstrable Project Management experience, especially in the area of scope management, project planning, requirement analysis and implementation, with particular evidence of successful delivery and of being able to manage multiple work streams/projects concurrently
- Experience of planning and delivery of business change initiatives through complete project life-cycle
- Solid knowledge of Fund Accounting and Middle Office Vendor product – MultiFonds, Markit EDM, XSP, are definitely an advantage
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the securities market and the associated market infrastructure for Fund Administration, Fund Middle Office and Custody business
- Relevant years of experience in change management or migration projects in securities and or fund administration and or fund middle office
- General awareness of business, regulatory and technology change within investment management is essential
- Good technical aptitude, including excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Excel macros
- Strategic mind-set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content
- Energetic, results focused, change agent, with a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated with the ability to think, and act, independently and able to work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Team player and people motivator
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, creative problem solving, collaborative and influencing skills
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills to work with stakeholders across business divisions and geographies
- Must be a good communicator, verbal and written by English, Mandarin speaking also preferable
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to prioritise effectively
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.