Manager, Cash Equities, Java Developer
An exciting opportunity has become available in Hong Kong for a Java developer to join our Cash Equities Front Office technology team that focus on high quality and consistent delivery to support the global Cash Equities business.
You will be part of the Front Office Trade feed team to design and build a new Trade Processing platform supporting the global Cash Equities execution business. In this role, You will work on a wide range of technologies including AWS public cloud technologies, Kafka and Java.
To be successful in this role, you will bring to the team
- Sound back-end development experience with real-time messaging solution
- Good understanding of various message encoding/decoding standards and their trade-off
- Solid experience in Java and/or other JVM-based language
- Familiarity with SQL or other relational/in-memory database (such as ProgresSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RocksDB, Aerospike)
- Experience in highly scalable and fault-tolerant real-time/streaming ETL architecture
- Experience with Git/Git Workflow and other CI/CD tools such as Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- A self-starter attitude, flexible and adaptable with experience working in a global setup
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
Ideally, you might also have experience with/as
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Public cloud based technology
- Streaming application and event sourcing solution using Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Trading application development utilizing FIX/FIXML and FIX simulator
- Applying automated testing tools in end-to-end functional and non-functional tests
- Reuters and/or other market data API
- A full-stack web developer with working experience in enhancing devops/monitoring tools
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive. Hong Kong vacancies
Macquarie has adopted a vaccination policy and all Hong Kong employees attending the office are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or complete weekly testing.