Manager, Capital Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Scope Of Role:
The Role Responsibilities
- Member of the team to support the management of Capital and Loss Absorbing Capacity (LAC) in Hong Kong, including compliance with regulatory requirements, internal controls, monitoring and analysis.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support monthly ALCO reporting and annual corporate planning exercise. Ensure data accuracy, quality and relevancy of the capital plan. Maintain up to date forecast and manage compliance with this plan.
- Satisfy legal and regulatory aspects of capital related initiatives such as, capital instrument issuance/ redemption/ corporate actions etc.
- Ensure system bookings related to capital initiatives accurately completed as well as monthly general ledger close, account reconciliations and balance sheet substantiation
- Deliver updates to local and Group governance forums, and satisfy internal approval processes
- Monitor capital and regulatory limits such as large exposures
- Provide advisory service/ capital analysis to business / ALCO on implications of capital on potential new deals / structures.
- Assist in quarterly regulatory disclosures of capital and LAC instruments
- Maintain good relationships with Group Internal Audit and external audit by promptly dealing with related audit matters.
- Assist line manager handling of senior management and HKMA's enquiries
- Drive process simplification, documentation and support Head Capital in broader risk issues and projects
- Keep abreast of the regulatory development and ensure compliance
- Promote the Bank's reputation and relationship with regulatory authorities.
- Engage in capital related consultations.
Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Staff / Managers in HK Treasury
- Staff / Managers in Product Control
- Staff / Managers in Operations and Risk
- Staff / Managers in Group Internal Audit
Our Ideal Candidate
- Staff / Managers of the HKMA
- Staff / Mangers of External Audit
- Graduate qualifications preferable with experience in Treasury, capital reporting or related areas in the banking industry
- Good understanding of HKMA capital rules management (BCR) and Loss Absorbing Capacity (LAC)
- Accounting background or related experience an advantage
- Team player, self-motivated, energetic and result oriented
- Excellent analytical skills and database management skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.