Manager Business Risk and Control Management - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager Business Risk and Control Management
. Principal responsibilities
- Lead the Operational Risk Management Framework related initiatives and ensure are deliverables are in line with Group and Regional Strategy and timeline
- Facilitate Business Stakeholders to review and update the Risk & Control Assessments , and to ensure the assessments are dynamically maintained, based on all relevant risk triggers
- Undertake internal event reviews and analysis root causes and adequacy of actions to address control weaknesses and to ensure the event is escalated to the appropriate senior management
- To assist the delivery of continuous monitoring activities including testing, QA and Thematic Reviews
- To conduct risk based assurance review such as sustainability assessment
- Assist in the preparation of the Risk & Control related committees and forums such as AMH RBWM Risk Forum, Business Control Meeting.
- Facilitate senior management in decision making through insightful and concise recommendations from risk & control management reports
- Connect and work with stakeholders including Operational Risks, Business, Global Function Control Owners and Risk Stewards to implement enhancements
- Participate in Ad-hoc Projects
- Identify opportunities for and implement cost reduction initiatives
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University graduate
- Prior management experience, ideally from a banking, financial institution
- Proficient project management capabilities
- Experienced in liaising with internal, external business partners and regulatory bodies
- Good command of written and spoken English as well as Cantonese
- Banking experience would also be an advantage
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.