Manager, Business Risk Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive the implementation of the Bank's risk governance framework, process, control register, policies and guideline to respective business partners and facilitate the business teams to understand and comply with.
- Develop quality reports and dashboard required from regular or ad-hoc basis presentation to the Risk Forum/Committee.
- Proactively manage risk with a forward-looking approach and monitor risk evet (internal or external), escalate the significant events to Line Manager and / or relevant risk owner as appropriate.
- Proactively manage residual risk assessments with an aim to minimize residual risk or ensure risk is properly accepted with treatment plan.
- Assist Management in implementing robust control processes to meet all regulatory requirement and internal policy.
- Being instrumental and provide guidance and advice for business initiatives.
- Monitor operational risks/incidents in the risk tracking system, in accordance with Group Operational Risk Procedures. Work closely with business stakeholder and relevant risk owners to ensure risks, issues and control enhancement are identified, assessed and resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Manage audits and reviews (internal and external, with CPBB as auditee) and the relevant engagements amongst stakeholders.
- Degree holder, preferably solid experience in Retail Banking, Risk Management and internal/external Audit
- Solid knowledge of Operational Risk Management, Control & Governance, Risk & Control Self-Assessment, Incident Management and Key Risk Indicators
- Proficiencies and knowledge in regulatory requirement including Code of Banking Practice, Deposit Protection Scheme, Risk Management of E-Banking. Etc
- Strong analytical skills, risk sense and common sense
- Sound knowledge in Digital / Technology function is an advantage
- Self-motivated with good judgement and able to work well under pressure
- Good stakeholder management by establishing good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and to work well in a team
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and command of written English and Chinese
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.