Manager, Business Analysis, Operations, CLSA Capital Partners
CLSA Capital Partners
Managing more than US$5 billion in assets with more than 25 years of business, CLSA Capital Partners (CLSACP) is the overseas alternative asset management arm of CITIC Securities / CITIC CLSA comprising private equity, transportation & real assets, credit and Pan-Asia real estate investment strategies.
The Business Analyst – Operations will report to the COO of CLSACP and assist in (i) the evaluation, development and implementation of business strategies and initiatives for CLSACP’s buy-side platform; (ii) the conduct of market analyses in PE / buy-side industry and (iii) the preparation of management reports and business plans.
To this end, he/she will be working closely with Head of Capital Partners, CLSACP’s COO Office, CFO Office, Transaction Management team, Strategy and Business Development team, various CLSACP fund teams, and also stakeholders of CLSACP - CITIC CLSA and CITIC Securities.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s)
- Assist in positioning CLSACP’s business, defining business requirements, evaluating and developing new business initiatives and strategies and preparing business plans in Simplified Chinese (and if required, English).
- Assist in the conduct of business performance analyses and preparing executive level management reports, including quarterly performance reports and annual business reports in Simplified Chinese.
- Conduct market analyses in PE / buy-side industry, extract industry / market data and conduct gap analyses.
- Facilitate communication between different stakeholders across the organization to enable collaborative and efficient strategic planning.
- Support the COO Office in the communication with CITIC CLSA’s Compliance, Risk, Finance, HR, IT and Treasury and other support departments to maintain effective corporate governance.
- Liaise with key counterparts at CITIC Securities during the preparation of management reports, and planning and implementation of new business initiatives to ensure alignment with parent company.
- Assist in the preparation of internal approval submissions and the corresponding submissions to Chinese regulatory authority for corporate actions and investment fund business activities.
- Master degree, preference will be given to those with finance or business related degrees.
- Strong market research, organizational and business analytical skills with ability to assimilate complex information and identify shortcomings and business needs.
- Strong Chinese and English report-writing skills with ability to clearly and concisely communicate detailed information and critical concepts.
- Translation and interpretation skills between English and Chinese.
- Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
- Min. 3 years’ experience within the financial sector.
- Work experience in PE / buy-side industry and knowledge on PE / buy-side business operations preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to develop excellent relationship and work across various levels of seniority within a large organization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, to work independently and a good team player.
- Proficiency in MS office (incl. Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is required.
- Commercial Acumen.
If you are seeking a dynamic environment in which to build your career in CLSA, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly specify the position title in the email subject for job application.
CLSA may collect personal data from you for purposes relating to your engagement with the Company, including human resource management and other business and internal / external compliance purposes. Any personal information and /or data collected and held by the Company may be used by the Company or transferred (whether within/ outside Hong Kong) to any other parties within the Company, subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company, internal or external service providers, or any other relevant parties including governmental or regulatory authorities, for the above purposes.