Manager, Asset and Liability Management - HSBC Life
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Asset and Liability Management
. Principal responsibilities
- Support group balance sheet optimization and local investment teams in developing Asset and Liability Management capability, leveraging the work done on Economic Capital
- Support group balance sheet optimization and local investment teams in developing quantitative assessment of SAA, taking into account Asset and Liability Management and risk and return optimization objectives
- Contribute to and evaluate new product development and new investment initiatives from local statutory solvency, Return on Capital, Economic Capital and Asset and Liability Management point of view
- Perform cashflow projections to better understand liquidity risk of different investment initiatives on the balance sheet
- Support annual SAA review conducted by local entities
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University Graduates
- Solid years of experiences in insurance companies
- Qualified Actuary
- Strong influencing and communication skills and an ability to work with international and virtual teams
- Prior Asset and Liability Management experiences and familiarity with SunGuard Asset Liabilities Stochastic model
- Experiences of Solvency II, IFRS and Hong Kong local regulatory solvency requirements
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including ability to think outside the box
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.