Manager, Actuarial Advisory, Hong Kong / Shenzhen
KPMG China's Actuarial Advisory practice is seeking an exceptional life actuary with strong communication and client service skills and a background in actuarial valuation/audit to join our team in Hong Kong or Shenzhen as Manager. What we do
- We help insurers set and execute their strategy. Our actuarial practice has grown significantly over the past few years by providing a broad range of services including financial reporting (IFRS17), finance transformation (e.g. automation, robotics, data-mining), financial modelling, risk and capital management, corporate restructuring, business planning, mergers & acquisitions, market entry/exit transactions and audit support.
- We often work in cross-functional teams - offering our actuaries the opportunity to work with risk, accounting, tax, transaction advisory and management consulting professionals.
- We use technology to maximise insights from, and to transform financial reporting and risk management processes. We also have a supportive global network of actuaries (UK, Europe, US, Asia and Australia) that works together to serve our multinational clients. Opportunities
As part of the market-leading actuarial consulting team, you will gain access to a broad range of industry stakeholders and unique problems to solve. You will get the opportunity to:
- Be part of an exciting growth story and a high performing and inclusive culture
- Hone your leadership skills, by actively coaching junior team members to execute a range of projects
- Develop your career, supported by our mentoring network
- Innovate to develop new solutions that add value to our clients
- Have client facing opportunities and be involved in whole projects not just tasks, thus gaining a broad understanding of wider business issues What you'll do
As a Manager, you will have the technical expertise to specialise and the adaptability to provide services across a range of areas. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Lead and supervise a specialist team to deliver high quality work within the budget and time limits. This includes delivering quality actuarial audit services covering life (re)insurance and supporting insurers on accounting and regulatory changes
- Communicate and work with clients, partners and directors on key issues
- Manage and run multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Share your expertise with your peers and actively coach junior team members. Contribute to the career development of team members
- Build strong internal relationships within KPMG and across regions and other services
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of actuarial practices, both locally and internationally What you'll need
- 7-10 years of working experience in life insurance either in consulting or corporate, preferably having spent some time in the Big 4
- Fellow of an internationally-recognised actuarial association
- In-depth knowledge in some of the following areas: audit, finance / capital reporting, regulatory changes such as risk-based capital and IFRS, financial modelling (e.g. Prophet, AXIS), M&A due diligence, enterprise risk management or economic capital
- Bilingual in English and either Cantonese or Mandarin
- The ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong client management skills, with the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients
- Excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills Application - please contact
If you're interested, please contact Shirley.email@example.com. Personal data will be collected for recruitment purposes only.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2019 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI