- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Feb 18
Manager - Relationship Management
Location: Hong KongClient facing individual contributor role responsible for maintaining and extending existing customer relationships for a smaller and or less complex/sophisticated sub-region(s) and/or line of business. Works autonomously under the supervision of Head of Relationship Management for their territory or market segment.
- Manage a smaller portfolio of about 30+ exiting accounts in a defined territory for a smaller and or less complex/sophisticated market. Actual portfolio size will be dependent on needs for territory / segment and can vary across regions.
- Will be responsible for deepening existing relationships, capture price and grow the share of wallet by delivering a tailored value proposition to existing issuers.
- Exceed allocated business targets: e.g. market coverage, cross- and upsell, average price increases
- Ensure we have an opportunity to bid for close to 100% of all x-border transactions, and where relevant domestic ones, which are not covered by umbrella contracts
- Responsible for putting together a structured outreach plan (prioritizing, define outreach objectives) for a smaller less complex/sophisticated market. Aim is to contact every account by phone or by way of in person meetings. AM will be expected to spend minimum of 20% of their time on the road meeting customers.
- Minimum of 4 days of investor meetings per year
- Contribute to Franchise Relevance Plans for the respective market segment / region/line of business by assessing the vulnerability of relationships and by identifying new business opportunities for the supported market.
- Guide Associate staff in an efficient way
- Effectively prepare and conduct telephone and in-person meetings with issuers at all levels independently and minimal oversight.
- Very good communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO (of issuers in a smaller less complex/sophisticated sub-region(s) and/or line of business)
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody's value proposition
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable draft tender documents
- Understand main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in their market segment / territory
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Excellent understanding of Moody's service suite, contracts and general conduct of business
MIS Commercial Group
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree from a reputable tier one university preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Several years of experience in the financial services industry is required, coming from corporate banking (large corporates / MNCs) relationship management, asset management institutional sales, fixed income related sales.
- Previous experience in relationship management, financial products sales & marketing is desired.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.