Manager - Investor Management
The position is a critical role for the Moody's Investors Service (MIS) Investor Management Team within the MIS Commercial Group. Designed to support the demand for MIS Ratings in the Asia Pacific Region, the role requires for active management of investor relationships, ensuring they are aware of all relevant research, events and access to analysts. Additionally and separately, providing information on MIS products and services as well as collecting feedback on MIS in the market and shifts in investor demand patterns.
- Assist in the sourcing and maintenance of a network of senior level relationships with key influencers and decision makers within the institutional investor community in Hong Kong and other Asian markets, targeting senior level professionals in investment, credit and risk management.
- Perform research and analysis to strategize new and growing segments within investor community such as Hedge Funds, Alternative Asset Managers and Private Equity to determine use of ratings in the investment decision making process and ensuring MIS is positioned to deliver and engage appropriately.
- Provide support to the primary level interface with investors to represent MIS's capabilities. Must be able to listen, acknowledge and respond to investors' view points and questions regarding MIS offerings, fixed income market trends and development.
- Facilitate meetings for senior rating teams and their counterparts at Investor organizations (to ensure timely access for investors to MIS opinions and ratings rationales and drivers) and to MIS Regional Organization, MIS Commercial Group and MIS Senior Management.
- Understand investor benchmarking activity to indices and internal measures. Support the development of strategies to demonstrate differentiation for MIS.
- Manage the administration of investor outreach activity and support strategic direction for MIS Commercial's investor outreach objectives. Develop, implement and track investor outreach program for focused markets.
- Help communicate and promote an understanding of new initiatives with senior level contacts.
- Institutionalize investor / market feedback in a compliant manner to ratings groups and other internal customers on research and investor behavior, market trends and investor preferences.
- Provide MIS with in-depth knowledge of investor organizations (e.g. perception of MIS current issues and challenges, role of ratings, information needs/gaps).
- Contribute to the wider Global and Regional Investor Management Plan and Strategy; assist in executing on plan.
- Provide feedback on shifts in investment strategy which may include active vs passive behavior and endorsement needs.
- 5+ years of experience in financial services capacity in sales, business development and / or corporate development.
- Experience in working with rating agency relations, institutional investors, as is experience in debt capital / fixed income markets.
- Excellent inter-personal, written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with change and able to navigate effectively in a multi-faceted organization.
- A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across the Moody's organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with shifting deadlines and priorities under limited supervision.
- Evidence of dynamic, creative, thoughtful approach to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, with the most senior representatives of organizations.
- Candidate willing to travel as required in the region and more broadly.
- Strong academic background. Degree in Business, Banking, Economics or similar
- Post-graduate qualification (Masters) an advantage
Key Skills - Technical
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office applications, Powerpoint, Advanced Excel as well as use of Bloomberg
Key Skills - Non Technical
- Proven experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment.
- Understanding of the finance industry and the role Rating Agencies & Investors play.
- Strong interpersonal and marketing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with strong persuasion skills.
- Highest ethical standards and working in a multi-cultural environment, along with the ability to operate effectively under minimal direct supervision.
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent , dependable and team player.
- Strong sense of urgency, and a pro-active "can do" approach.
- Highly organized and efficient, sound judgment, capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views.
- English and Mandarin spoken and written fluency is essential.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.