Manager - Independence Office- APAC Independence Centre of Excellence
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q) Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
The Independence Office is responsible for working with the practice to ensure that the firm meets its regulatory responsibilities as required under PwC Global Independence policy, SEC rules, local China, Hong Kong and Taiwan rules, and other territories' rules.
The Independence Centre of Excellence ("COE") is a part of the Independence Office that supports compliance with the independence rules that apply to client and engagement work. It operates globally through three regional hubs in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific and was launched as a new initiative in 2020. The objectives of the COE are to reduce regulatory risk through standardization of common independence processes and to ensure consistent interpretation and application of independence rules.
The role will support the newly formed Centre of Excellence covering review and approval of SEC engagements across the Asia Pacific cluster and will help deliver best in class projects and enhance critical quality controls across PwC.
The role is an opportunity to provide critical commercial / technical advice and guidance to LoS engagement teams and senior Partners on the permissibility of proposed SEC scope of services. It will also require the candidate to help develop and implement new enhanced procedures and controls which are shortly to be launched across the network and which will assist teams with regulatory reporting requirements under PCAOB rules.
As a Senior Manager in the APAC Independence COE, your responsibilities will mainly include:
- Management of various independence processes and activities
- Collaboration with other territories and experts in the Asia Pacific cluster
- Development and standardisation of processes and controls
- Delivery of ad hoc independence projects
- Providing independence advice to Partners and engagement teams
- Participation in quality assurance activities to drive consistency across Asia Pacific region
- Coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues to promote knowledge sharing
What you'll get in return:
- Opportunity to interact with xLoS practice teams and Independence Specialists from across the Asia Pacific region.
- Wide exposure to the breadth of the firm's services and how we deliver these services.
- Development of technical knowledge of a key area of Firm regulatory risk.
- Opportunity to see how a Centre of Excellence is established and operates globally.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree holder in any discipline
- Fast learner
- Sound analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to build an understanding of the engagement and scope services
- Excellent writing skills to be able to gather information and communicate clearly, concisely and with impact
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Passionate about making a difference to the business
- Able to establish rapport and trust quickly
- Willing to learn and apply technical knowledge
- Able to bring views together and manage sensitivities
- Problem solver, up for a challenge
Whilst prior independence knowledge is preferable, what is more important is that you have a willingness to learn a new technical area, a client service mentality, excellent coaching and communication skills and want to join a dynamic team that provides critical business support to the firm in a complex and changing regulatory environment. On the job training on the independence rules will be provided.
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date