Manager - Financial Crime Technology - Financial Advisory - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients. We are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace with 22 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaatar, Wuhan, Xi'an and Xiamen in China.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media .
Financial Advisory (FA) practice of Deloitte China provides strategic and financial advisory services to clients throughout all phases of the economic cycle. FA comprises several distinct but related global service lines whose shared principal objective is the creation and enhancement of shareholder and stakeholder value. Work you'll do:
Manage financial crime projects involving anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption, fraud and market misconduct, specifically around trade surveillance. This would include handling engagements such as but not limited to:
You are also expected to:
- Designing and implementing of monitoring systems and tools, in particular institutional risk assessments, transaction monitoring and name screening
- Testing, tuning and calibrating controls, rules and scenarios to enhance both the efficiency and effectiveness of detection systems
- Development of new products and methodologies involving financial crime risk detection, such as risk based typologies and scenarios
- Comprehend and articulate client concerns whilst identifying practical and executable solutions
- Manage teams ranging from 3 to 5 people on respective engagements as well as the upward management of internal and external stakeholders
- Establish credibility and client relationships through competent delivery
- At least 5 - 7 years of experience in a professional services firm or from a relevant commercial sector. It would be an advantage to have experience encompassing both
- Experience in AML advisory, sanctions, anti-fraud, market misconduct, trade surveillance, anti-bribery & corruption or cybercrime
- Hands on experience in designing solutions to detect risk, tune thresholds, test rules across a variety of detection systems
- Exposure to new market technologies and software including robotics, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Must be fluently bilingual and have the critical thinking ability with the following professional attributes:
- Strong team management and people skills, to operationally lead fieldwork. This includes managing delivery, timelines, and management of international clients, escalations and resolutions
- Effective communicator with an ability to simplify complex problems into easy to understand language
- Highly collaborative, a team player who can connect with a diverse group people and build rapport
- Able to operate in stressful situations, with minimal supervision
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN167230