Manager - Finance Consulting - CHT - HK
Line of Service
Advisory Industry/Sector Specialism Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a member of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory team, the candidate will join professionals with unparalleled financial and accounting expertise, industry insight, knowledge of business processes, technology, and customer relationship skills. Through our capabilities in these areas, we sell and deliver advisory services for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) to assist our clients in translating strategy into action. Particularly the candidate will be responsible for:
- Process: Working with clients on strategic business issues in the process areas of consolidation and reporting, forecasting and planning, and over-all management information
- Selection: Facilitating an objective, fact-based process to weigh the most viable options for integrated systems (e.g. EPM) and/or best-of-breed, point solutions
- Implementation: Assessing, designing, developing, testing, deploying, and supporting EPM system components to meet business requirements
- Optimization: Assessing and redesigning processes in system implementations including process re-engineering
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- A degree in economics / accounting / business / finance / computer science with professional qualifications in accounting / finance (such as CPA or CFA etc).
- Over five years of relevant experience as a planning manager, financial/management reporting manager, business analyst or other consultant-like roles working in management consulting firms, Big 4 accounting firms or any large complex organization (Candidates with less experience will be considered as Senior Associate);
- Design and delivery capability in any of the following areas:
- Financial planning and budgeting;
- Management information and reporting;
- Financial consolidation and financial reporting (various accounting standards);
- End-to-end cycle of applied experience in implementing EPM applications in large complex organizations is required:
- Meticulous attention to detail, superb organization skills, and strong sense of ownership;
- Ability to work with cross organizational users - Finance, Support, Sales, Operations, etc - to identify opportunities and drive them to resolution, translate business issues into solutions that address complex situations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willing to travel a must;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Putonghua is essential.
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date