Manager - Equity Finance Developer
Are you an enthusiastic and innovative java developer looking to join an inclusive and collaborative team and a successful Equity Derivatives business? This is the role for you.
This is a great opportunity to join our Equity Finance development team in Hong Kong. You will be an exceptional technologist who excels at coding, problem solving and effective delivery. This is a great opportunity to work with other gifted technologists to make a significant impact to our business. We are a global team, aligned to the trading desk, operating in a strong DevOps culture.
Macquarie's Equity Finance business primarily focuses on trading Stock Loan, Repos and Swaps in the APAC and European regions to service external clients, interbank counterparts and internal trading desks. We rely heavily on both vendor and in-house developed systems to make profitable and sustainable income. On a day to day basis, your key responsibilities will include:
You will need to bring the following skills to this role:
- working with front and middle office stakeholders to translate business strategy into clear technical requirements
- designing and implementing Equity Finance platform solutions using agile methodologies
- improving DevOps processes and tooling
- providing support to the business users globally.
- 5+ years' experience in Core Java solution design and application development
- Familiar with RESTful JSON web services and messaging middleware
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Event Sourcing implementation
- Experience with relationship database and SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- MQ / Solace / Kafka / Disruptor / Reactor
- FIX / SWIFT Protocol
- Building applications in public cloud (AWS/Google/Azure)
- Building low latency high availability applications
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Experience working with Front Office functions in a financial institution
- Experience working with Equity Finance products such as stock loan and repos
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.