Due to record industry policy sales, this Global international insurance house is looking for experienced Underwriters with strong management experience to drive and support their Hong Kong business.
This is a critical underwriting role in the team, playing a key responsibility in helping the Insurance Division maintain its strong business results and achieve its strategic objectives. The role will involve the underwriting of new business, existing policies, handling enquiries from Distribution channels, conducting critical training, visiting branches and being involved in some project work.
This role will be based in Hong Kong
- Manage daily operations, ensuring satisfactory services to advisors within agreed turnaround time
- Be the first port of call to resolve appeals and complaints
- Ensure underwriting standards as per Audit Guidelines while meeting pricing assumptions of mortality and morbidity
- Constantly improve underwriting rules and guidelines, ensuring that both are reasonable and in line with market practices
- Streamline and enhance workflows and processes, ensuring satisfactory resource usage and process efficiency at the operation level
- Participate in product development and lead implementation from Underwriting
- Conduct and arrange professional training for underwriters
- Lead projects including new product implementation and Customer Experience Transformation project when required
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder
- Relevant work experience, preferably from life insurance industry or medical field
- LOMA qualification/FLMI preferred
- Able to work under dynamic environment
- Customer oriented and attentive to details
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
The company are aware of the demands of such a critical role and would also consider individuals who are open to alternative ways of working such as part-time, contractual, flexi-time. This could benefit return to work professionals who are looking for a company who are accepting of different personal circumstance.
In the forst instance please contact Dietrich Yap email@example.com / +852 3896 2509 for a confidential discussion.