Manager/Associate Director, Infrastructure Advisory (PPP)
KPMG China's Strategy & Performance (S&P) works with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic and performance needs across the economic and transaction cycles. Our mission is to provide insights, knowledge and support to our clients to help them make positive decisions which are value enhancing. We are looking to attract, coach and retain exceptional talent to help us achieve our mission.
S&P is organized across five business pillars - Deals, Financial Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Corporates and Government & Infrastructure.
Operating as one team across China, we work closely with a wide range of organizations from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.
Our Government & Infrastructure team in Hong Kong is part of KPMG's global Government and Infrastructure networks and we are Hong Kong and one of the world's leading advisors to the public sector and on complex infrastructure projects.
In the infrastructure space, we advise on all aspects of the development, structuring and financing of major Public Private Partnership (PPP) / infrastructure, real estate and healthcare projects. We specialise in providing strategic, risk, commercial and financial advice to public and private sector clients. Our advice is independent and draws on deep sector experience. Our professionals are drawn from finance, real estate advisory, investment banking, Government and industry. Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of project manager on Infrastructure advisory engagements; manage the interface with corresponding level client counterparts, co-ordinate and review research and analysis prepared by junior staff members and report to senior engagement and Infrastructure Advisory team members
Work in a team environment to assist and advise clients on the development and evaluation of PPP / infrastructure financial models, commercial structures and the overall approach in bringing a project to market
- Carry out and oversee financial, commercial and risk analysis on projects to highlight key findings relevant to the transaction and to support effective client decision making
Support the development of project marketing and tender documents and related project materials on applicable engagements
- Prepare internal and external reports for clients to assist them in evaluating transactions and project metrics
- Lead the preparation of proposals in targeting key Infrastructure Advisory client and project opportunities
Work with senior Infrastructure Advisory team members and other KPMG teams in respect of firm-wide strategic initiatives around smart cities, Belt & Road, the Greater Bay Area and others as identified
Participate in marketing and communication activities organised in service line and service groups including related to infrastructure, government and healthcare conferences
- Play an active role in co-ordinating Infrastructure Advisory team member internal activities and business as usual procedures
- Represent KPMG to the market in a professional manner, demonstrating your and the firm's role as independent advisor to clients and other industry professionals
We are seeking an intelligent, commercial and lateral thinking individual to join our team as an experienced Manager. The candidate will be passionate about infrastructure, real estate and major projects and be willing to get stuck into a wide array of client assignments and opportunities. Desirable experience and candidate features include:
- Experience in PPPs preferable. Exposure to infrastructure projects, real estate development projects, construction projects and/or socio-economic impact experience are desirable
International markets experience is highly desirable
- At least 5 years' professional work experience. Candidates with sufficient experience may be eligible for an experienced Manager role
- Desirable backgrounds include advisory, strategy consulting, valuations / financial modelling, project finance and economics consulting
- Transaction experience in managing / coordinating client facing projects and junior team members that involve multiple stakeholders would be advantageous
- A degree holder. A professional accounting or finance qualification is preferable or be willing to complete an equivalent qualification. CFA, legal and/or technical qualifications (architecture, engineering, surveying) would also be advantageous
- Strong analytical, financial and commercial skills
- Good written and verbal presentation and communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Written Chinese is preferred
- Willingness to travel essential