- Competitive Package
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Conning Asia Pacific Limited
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
The role is a member of the China business development team within Institutional Clients Group (“ICG”). ICG is responsible for managing client relationships with asset owners in the Asia Paciﬁc region. A heavy focus on engaging with the institutional investor community and promoting the Conning brand in the region.
- Work closely with senior sales team to promote Conning Asset Liability Management (ALM) & Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) quantitative modeling capabilities, Economic Scenarios Generator (ESG) products, technology and solutions to China based insurers
- Relationship support on all China related queries
- Engage internal resources of the firm to meet clients’ needs
- Effectively convey different aspects of the firm’s expertise to institutional clients
- Support the creation and maintenance of presentation materials, product proposals and RFPs
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Cultural proximity to Chinese clients
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject such as mathematics, actuarial science, financial engineering, Econometrics etc. preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in a technical capacity (eg actuarial or risk management) at an insurer preferred
- Experienced user of actuarial software and risk management tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in both English and Mandarin is a pre-requisite
- Organized, with an ability to multi-task
- Attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and excel in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Willingness to work overtime and travel
Conning (www.conning.com) is a leading global investment management firm with a long history of serving the insurance industry. Conning supports institutional investors with investment solutions, asset management offerings and risk analytics and consulting services. Conning manages more than $117 billion* in global assets through its offices in Asia, Europe and North America.
Conning believes in providing tailored investment solutions through a partnership approach with our clients which allow us to function as an integrated part of their investment framework. Our team of experts build highly integrated, strategic solutions designed to enhance the portfolios of our clients. We aim to enhance the financial strength of our clients by delivering superior investment performance, customized solutions and exceptional client services.
*As of September 30, 2017, represents the combined global assets under management for the affiliated firms under Conning Holdings Limited, and Cathay Securities Investment Trust Co., Ltd. ("SITE"). SITE reports internally into Conning Asia Pacific Limited, but is a separate legal entity under Cathay Financial Holding Co., Ltd. which is the ultimate controlling parent of all Conning entities.
For any interesting party, please send your CV to email@example.com.
**Personal Data collected will be used for recruitment Purposes only**