Eclipse Trading is a top equity derivative proprietary trading firm, specialising in options market making. We pride ourselves on our trading expertise and strategies across several Asian markets, with technology being at the core of our business. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
The Low Latency team is responsible for the firm’s market links and algorithmic trading. Our expertise in market structure coupled with the ability to process information correctly with extremely low latency is critical to the success of our trading. We are one of the top market makers and have one of the fastest software stacks in Asia.
The successful candidate will be a member of the team responsible for developing market links and core components for our in-house developed trading systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop low latency exchange connectivity and trading algorithms, including quoting, hedging, and arbitrage for listed derivatives and delta one products
- Work closely with quants and traders to define the behavior of trading algorithms
- Develop C++ applications for core trading infrastructure
- Test code thoroughly, including automated testing, and actively participate in code reviews
- Provide Tier 3 support
What you offer
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong technical design skills
- 3+ years of C++ server-side development on Linux (C++ 11 or later desirable)
- Solid understanding of threading, network socket programming and low latency programming techniques
- Experience in developing automated trading systems desirable but not essential
- Experience of exchange connectivity and finance desirable but not essential
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- Solid data analysis skills
- Excellent communication in spoken and written English
What we offer
- An exciting opportunity to be trained in the highly competitive low latency electronic trading domain
- A dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
- An attractive benefits package where your contribution will be rewarded handsomely in line with our performance-based remuneration
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.