Local Markets Manager, Markets Operations
See job description for detailsAn exciting opportunity is available for you to join ANZ as a Local Markets Manager, Markets Operations.
- Experience Markets Operations and New Products across various asset classes
- Have an Asia centric focus across multiple countries
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional and Global ambition and build on our position as one of the top 4 Corporate Banks across Asia
About the role
Markets Operations is responsible for the managing the lifecycle of all trades executed by Front Office ANZ Markets post deal execution to settlement across all asset classes. Your role is responsible for supporting Front Office stakeholders from Corporate and Commercial Clients through to Investor Sales, Interbank and Balance Sheet trading.
Your role as Product Manager for Countries is to support and develop operational processes for specific country markets business for new products and new markets. You will liaise and develop strong and collaborative relationships between Front and Back Office, including in Country & Hub Operations. You are expected to be familiar with the trading environment across products and Murex booking models with the ability to translate and design operational process to support the confirmation/affirmation, settlements, reconciliation process.. You must be able to have operational control focus to be able to design, implement and test the effectiveness of these controls.
You are also accountable for ensuring the new product development stream mandated by markets is appropriately supported so that any new products can be approved and rolled out in a timely manner.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Drive continuous process improvements with deep dive analytics to assess procedures and performance with the aim to enhance operational efficiency and risk control for products already offered
- Lead and manage changes required arising from new products for operational risk, strategy, regulatory changes
- Interaction with the hubs and country operations building processes for new products around confirmation, settlement processes and any other requirements for the full trade lifecycle
- Interaction with Front office stakeholders across all asset classes around product development as well as but not limited to Finance, Technology, Legal, compliance and assurance
- Documentation creation and upkeep for product platform and process requirements
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Proven experience in banking operation and products including Equities, FX, Rates and Credit, Commodities and Capital Markets
- Knowledge of banking practices, and systems including but not limited to
- SWIFT Payment formatting
- Clearsteam, Euroclear, HSBC Net domestic Fixed Income platforms.
- TLM Smartstream
- Experience in client-facing role with stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills with risk and control mind set
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
ANZ Hong Kong is proud to share that we received the Outstanding Deposits Service Banking Award 2015 from CAPITAL magazine as well as the Best in Class in Customer Commitment & Engagement 2015 and Customer Insight 2015 awards from BENCHMARK magazine to recognise our pursuit of excellence. At ANZ, we embrace diversity and inclusion and empower our employees to innovate, collaborate and make a difference together.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment w here employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. We also offer flexible working options catered towards employee and business needs.
We connect you to a world of oppo rtunity.
When you join ANZ, you'll join a connected community offering a world of opportunities to help you grow your career. Who knows where you might end up? Hear from our staff about their career journey with ANZ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUCE1xOvzE
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference HON002339.
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave