We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
The main responsibility of the right candidate will be to support the client onboarding, legal and internal compliance aspects of our new and existing engagements across the APAC region, and to assist our Country Executives or local Sales Teams in sales meetings and conferences..
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Operations Greater China.
your responsibilities will include:
- Being a member of the Regional Onboarding Team, to take on assigned new client onboardings, supporting all aspects of the process including collating from clients the necessary information & documents and onward submission to the internal Compliance Team for our client due diligence clearance. Coordinate and provide regular updates to clients on the progress, adhering to the commencement timeline of the engagement
- Assist the local Sales Teams, Country Executives and Head of Operations in the APAC Region in preparing, evaluating, reviewing relevant legal documents, including NDA, Letters of Intent, Administration Agreement Addendums to Administration Agreement, FATCA/CRS Tax Services Agreements, Director Services Agreements, Termination Notices, etc. Support with legal research when required
- Maintain all engagement templates and other legal templates for the APAC region. Assist the local Sales Teams in managing the engagement process with clients. Involvement in negotiating legal terms with clients or their advisors. Seek support & guidance from the Group Legal Team on complex matters. Closing out the process by arranging for execution of legal documents
- Together with other members of the Onboarding Team, participate in our growth ambitions by marketing our service offering through sales meetings, conferences, building business feeder network; spearhead and develop external whitepaper and internal technical notes.
- You are studying for or hold a Masters degree in Corporate Law, or similar and equivalent qualification.
- You have at least four years of experience and affinity with corporate management services
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work with colleagues across different offices.
- You have the capability to build and maintain client relationships