Reporting to the legal business partner in-charge, s/he will primarily provide support for offshore legal issues arising from financing arrangements, general corporate matters, and M&A projects. S/he will advise business teams on the assessment, control and mitigation of legal risks in such matters by researching and analyzing relevant laws, regulations and the company's rules. S/he will handle dispute resolution and other legal issues when needed, and assist in improving the company's regulatory framework and internal control mechanism to ensure compliance, and reduce legal risks.
The role will be responsible for:
- Financing Arrangements: review a variety of financing agreements, including loan documents, guarantees, pledge agreements, bond issuance documentation, swap agreements
- Investment Projects (mergers and acquisitions): conducting legal due diligence, drafting and revising transaction documents, participating in negotiations, providing legal advice and handling deal closing and other relevant issues, and managing external counsels
- General Corporate: performing legal research, reviewing and drafting general corporate documents (such as resolutions and meeting minutes) and general agreements for the company (NDA’s, employment agreement, administrative / leasing agreements)
- Other Matters: post-investment management of portfolio companies, providing legal and compliance trainings to the business teams, handling dispute resolution, and other tasks charged by his/her supervisor, the management or the board of the company
- Degree in law from reputable university; Overseas qualification required (preferably HK or UK), PRC Bar qualification is a plus.
- At least 4 years working experience in top-tier law firm, with track record in handling corporate matters.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin and able to use both as working language (oral and written).
- Hardworking, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Sophisticated in handling internal clients and internal coordination.
- Ability to work during flexible hours, and communicate quickly and efficiently.